Ana Delicado (coord.), Luísa Schmidt, Ana Nunes de Almeida, Susana Fonseca, Jussara Rowland, Sofia Ribeiro
CUIDAR is an European project aimed at increasing the resilience of children, young people and urban societies to disasters and enabling emergency response professionals to meet the needs of children and young people more effectively.
The goals of CUIDAR:
- Better understanding of risk perception, needs and capacities of children and young people in urban societies in relation to disasters.
- Strengthen children’s understanding of emergencies and the actions they can take to prepare themselves to prepare their families and communities.
- Increase awareness and awareness of the needs of children and young people in disaster situations among emergency response practitioners and policy makers.
- Encourage more effective communication between emergency response professionals, children and young people in urban settings.
- Improve the disaster management structure, policies and practices, so as to integrate the particular needs of children and young people involved in urban disasters.